Handy offers professional handyman and cleaning services for your home that can be easily booked online. Previously known as Handybook, Handy was founded by Oisin Hanrahan, Umang Dua, Ignacio Leonhardt, and Weina Scott in 2012. They found it was extremely difficult to find reliable and trustworthy professionals to help with home renovations, or even just general work around the house. Today, Handy has expanded internationally to 36 locations, providing services in most major cities in the US, UK and Canada.
Handy Cleaning Services
A standard home cleaning from Handy includes bedrooms, living rooms and common areas, bathrooms and kitchens. A standard home cleaning includes:
- Wiping down, dusting and/or cleaning of all easily accessible surfaces, including mirrors and glass fixtures
- Cleaning of all floor surfaces
- Taking out trash and recycling
- For bathrooms, washing and sanitizing the shower, bathtub and sink
- For kitchens, loading dirty dishes into the dishwasher and cleaning the exterior of the stove, oven and fridge
What make Handy special?
Where Handy attempts to set itself apart is in the variety of services offered. As well as comprehensive cleaning services, Handy is also able to provide a range of other home services. Contractors are notorious for being hard to get a hold of and highly unreliable, but Handy makes finding a reliable plumber as easy as ordering a pizza:
- Electrical services: Electricians are available for changing and installing light fixtures and power outlets, installing ceiling fans, or even simply changing a light bulb, and any other electrical services you might require.
- Plumbing services: Handy has reliable plumbers who can come and sort out your blocked drains, clogged toilets, leaking faucets, broken garbage disposals, and any other plumbing issue in your kitchen, bathroom or laundry.
- Handyman services: Whether you need help assembling furniture, installing an air conditioner, or even with the heavy lifting when moving house, you can book a handyman from Handy to help get the job done. Other handyman services include, but are not limited to, interior painting, TV mounting, window treatments, knobs and locks, and hanging pictures and shelves.
All services provided by Handy also come with a 100% Money-Back Guarantee. If you’re ever dissatisfied with the work, for whatever reason, they will completely refund your money.
To make an appointment with Handy, you must select what type of service you require and provide a detailed description of task you need assistance with. You can also select a preferred date and time (anywhere between 7am and 11pm in your local time zone) and one of the customer service representatives will get back to you as soon as possible with a recommended number of hours for your job.
Pricing and Costs
Since Handy offers a broad range of home services, different services have hourly rates, and you will be offered an individual quote based on your circumstances. The cost of booking through Handy can sometimes be affected by availability and peak prices, since the availability of a professional is limited to the extent of Handy’s broad network.
Some jobs also incur extra costs such as ladder fees, and handymen can also be requested to pick up supplies for an extra fee, and the cost of both the supplies and pick up is added to your final charge. Bookings can only be made online and paid via credit card. (UK customers should note they must supply a vacuum, broom or mop and bucket for cleaning services, and there is a 5 GBP fee to supply any other cleaning products. There are no cleaning supply charges in the North America.)
Is Handy Right For Me?
If you need your home cleaned urgently, or require assistance at your home as soon as possible, then Handy is a great choice. Their wide network of professionals means that Handy can often provide next day availability for many of their services. Handy is also perfect if you require a lot of different home improvement services, as you’re able to book them all in one convenient location.